leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Friday, February 3, 2012

Querido Mom & Dad, first handwritten letter...

I am not sure when this will get to you but today is the 15th (It came Feb 2nd) and I guess we will see when this gets to you. I'm sorry I have not wrote(tempted to correct this grammar) sooner but we are so extremely busy and we are only allowed to email every thursday which is our P-day. It is amazing to be here. I cannot even explain how fast they jam the language down our throats. I have learned so much spanish in the last few days you would be extremely astounded. They throw you into it the first day after 2 hours of sleep on the plane. We arrived that morning and we began to learn as much as possible. Waking up early is really not bad of an adjustment at all. I'd say one of the biggest adjustments is just having to go everywhere with your companion. I actually have two companions and they are both such great guys. One of them is litereally Uncle Sean reincarnated. He is so funny, but not as tall. My other companion is very strong in the gospel. The truth is everyone in my district are great individuals. I look at every single one of them and they honestly will all be fantastic missionaries. I feel so blessed to be part of this group.
Argentina is extremely hot and humid. The natives don't really speak any English but are great guys too and I have had lots of fun playing soccer (he crossed this out and wrote) Futbol with them. The temple here is closed the entire time so we do not get to go through. They are having problems referbishing it. But we go out tracting every Saturday from now on so I will get to see the city. The older missionaries say it's a pretty run down town...maybe they will let me bring my camera. We are not allowed to take pictures until the last Sunday of every 3 weeks. (from mom: What? That is crazy...I want pictures) And I will take pictures. It is really cool here because we are such a small MTC. The MTC president is such a big part in teaching us, and so does his wife. Theya re great but we are changing them this Monday. I already met the New president Openshaw and told him about my Grandad Gary which was cool. Anyway I will write more in my email on Thursday. And Oh, DO NOT send box packages to me they will not get to me here in Argentina! They will get to me in Uruguay, but not here. If you want to send me something put it in a smallish padded envelope then it will get to me. When I am in Uruguay I wont get padded envelopes but I will get boxes weird I know. Anyway how is home? How are the kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment