leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 1 Barrio Artigas

Hello All,

Its been a week for sure let my tell you my new area is quite a bit difficult I mean its a different hard Let me explain. It is one of the poorer areas here in Salto and the people are really friendly and will talk you about pretty much anything, the hard part is its really spred out so we go everywhere on bike but it is hard to get members to the lessons. I really love our area though there is lots to do our church is beautiful but the members are few I hoping to help that:)

Lets start with my Birthday no well lets just say it was a day like any other I had things planned in our other area like a lunch with cake but I switched. Anyway it rained like crazy that day and we spent the entire morning contacting in the rain. All of the sreets are dirt streets well most are and so we were covered in mud flicted up from the Bikes. We actually found 2 really good people on my birthday tracting in the rain. One experience is Sandra who told us (as most do ) that she was catholic in the begining. After talking for a bit she told us how she always felt something different when the missionaries visit speak and pray with her. Things she has never felt her entire life in her Church. She explained the reason why she had never followed these feelings is for her parents who are super catholic and feels like it would be betrying them. After explaining the resteration  and asking her if she recieved an answer from god would she follow it no matter where it would take her. She has a lot of faith in God. My Comp asked her if she would offer the prayer  and to ask God if it really was the right path. She prayed super quietly and after she had finished wiped away tears and told us about the firery burning feeling she felt inside.....Awesome! she has committed to go to stake conference next week. 

My new companion is from Mesa Arizona and is a little difficult I wouldnt say we get along the best but we´re on the same team and we both want to serve the Lord. He is not the one who had the death is his family he comes from a family of 12 where all the kids are adopted. Pretty interesting. 

There are a couple of families in this new area that I just love. Our Ward mission lider is amazing the best I have ever seen tries so hard goes out and visits our investigators goes to inactive part families tries to help them always asks us what can he do how can he help. The best! His family is amazing aswell such good people his wife also goes out and helps in the work. 

what more I GOT THE PACKAGE way fast too right before my birthday still have not celebrated it maybe next P-day! 

I am on the final chapter of Jesus the Christ!

I actually love the bikes hurts your backside quite a bit when you first get on the thing but after a while it just makes the work better faster more offecient. I am really fast already growing these leg muscles:) my comp is pretty slow. 

What more oh my first day we went to the poorest part of area and got into the poorest house. Super nice people lots of sad things things happen in the poorer parts of town. I hope to take a picture someday maybe when there isn´t people to steal my camera. 

Anyway I still Cannot believe I am 20 I feel young still I keep thinking I will wake up someday and be back in jr high... 20 its a strange one I am no longer a teenager... wierd.
I eat tons and tons of oat meal at the moment I know your thinking wow way healthy ya I put sugar in too. 

I love you All more than Life be Safe always go to church and never ever forget to pray 

Elder Stewart-chester

Ps. all you better thank the lord everyday expecially the surfer that you dont have to move again:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment