leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Saturday, December 7, 2013

one of the toughest days of my life

Well folks I know I just got you all really excited about the title of this email but first I just want to tell you all that I love you all so much. I am so grateful for everything I have been given.   I cannot tell you how many times I tell people my father taught me or my mom said this or my teacher in seminary or sunday school or bishop or good friend taught me this and the truth is you all have a big part of who I am. Thank you for  loving me enough to teach me. 

First off to explain the pictures. This last week We had our Leaders meeting here in the mission. It was the biggest one we have ever had because we invited lots of district leaders to come because a lot of the zone leaders go home this change and we needed some of the younger guys who may take their spots to be there. Lots of people Can you all believe how far we have come people I went from the kid who hated to be outside his comfort zone to a missionary who teaches and testifies to over 35 missionaries. Can you believe it? I am so grateful for what the Lord has helped me to become. I still have so much to go though like Elder Dube said we do not look back we look forward! There are miracles yet to see here in the mission. I am writing this letter from the mission home again. My companion went with President to a stake conference pretty far away so today my companion is Jerry Smith the son of our mission president. the great news is he is Fletcher so It is like hanging out with Fletcher all day. Today we went to the Golf course to try to play golf but it was closed for a tournament (because jerry is almost a pro golfer) but then we went out to eat and I helped move a lot of things here in the mission home. Fun stuff. 

Anyway mom a couple of things,  you need to get on my Facebook and add some people but be careful because most people in this country send invites to anyone so they can make friends. You could also upload some pictures and Quotes from my lettres to help share the gospel with all my non mormon Friends.. 

Anyway lets get to the exciting things well.... These last couple of weeks We had been working on some new ways to teach, to demonstrate to the missionaries in our leaders conference. But when we got down to two days before conference we went to have a meeting with President and as we talked it through we all felt that it was too much and that is was going to overload the missionaries. And we all felt that it was not what we needed to share to help the mission. So two days before the meeting we changed everything. Almost everything and all we really did was just get everyone super super hyped up for the end of the year the end of the year 2013 when god began to hasten his work. We have huge Goals and lots to do to bring to pass miracles this end of the year. We are all so excited. 

During this whole time I have been talking to President Smith about extending my mission. We called salt Lake to see how much it would cost we talked about what I would be doing if I stayed How I could work and help the mission in this extra time. And after an interview with president he told me Elder I feel Good about it we can use you but lets see what the Lord thinks. So I left from there looking for the Lords will and the truth is I have been praying a lot lately to know if I can stay. So as the leadership of the mission We all were going to the temple and I knew that is where I would get my answer. I could not believe the clarity in the temple as I went through.  It was the first time in a while and now they had updated and wow.  I felt one answer after another and in the final room I said to our father in heaven I think I have received my answer is this it. I need an answer. I got my answer..... No..... It was so hard for me as I stood there tears falling down my face knowing that I could not go against His will and that I would be Going home. How I love serving Him and it was so hard to just say thy will be done. But I have done it His will is my will. I do not know quite why But I know I am needed home. So I will be home on the normal time. I wept. there is still lots to do here and I plan to go down giving every last bit of myself to God before I go. 

First off I just have to tell you all I Love you As usual I have no time but Just feel my love and know that I have lots to share. I love you all be safe 

 I was thinking about something this week The importance about having a testimony about the sacrament ponder it this week. I love you all 
Elder Stewart-Chester



No comments:

Post a Comment