leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Big News---My Last Stop

Well I am sure you all wondering where I am headed and where will I be serving the last parts of my mission..... Well lets go through it shall we?

So saturday during the day we were expecting a phone call from president telling us what was going on how everything was going to be working out and whatnot, which one of us would be leaving and to where. I expected to leave because I have been here for 6 months and that is kinda like the max normally someone is in an area so ya but because I have only 1 change left we thought maybe we will stay together or maybe I´ll stay. Anyway so after doing visits thinking about how to help our investigators progress and attend church the next day, we were knocking a door who did not attend to us when we ran into a recent convert walking to visit her family that was in the plaza nearby. She talked with us and asked if we knew who was leaving yet and we told her we did not know and that we would be passing by in a half an hour to teach her husband who is going to baptised this next month. We were in midsentance saying we dont know who is going and staying when we got a call from the mission home. My companion handed me the phone and I talked to president.

He asked me If he felt our Zone Oeste could handle not having me in the area and I said yes if thats what the Lord wants. Then he told me that I would be going in to work with him. My new change is= Assistant. I have been enormously blessed to have the opportunity to finish my mission learning from president and teaching with him. I was to say the least overwelmed and shocked.... I am excited and know that it will be something that will change my life completely. 

I did not want to tell anyone so I kept it a secret for a while but slowly the whole mission calls one another and everyone finds out. Sunday morning I asked God in my personal study what He wanted me to know and what He needed me to focus on as i entered into this new resposability I needed to know what he needed me to know. and he brought me to a talk that opened my eyes and brought tears and peace to my heart. It was a talk by Elder Uchtdorf in the General conference in october 2011 called= "You matter to him" I remember it impacting me huge when I was at home listening to it but here in the mission it gave me the vision I will need. I cannot explain how I got there to that talk all I did was after my prayer look up think I am going to read a talk and I grabbed the Conference Liahona that was sticking out the farthest oppened it up looked at the table of contents traced the titles of all the talks with my finger and I could not get past that talk so I did not get very far. and then I read. One of the things that most jumped out at me was this phrase:    
                The Lord doesn’t care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use—in His own way and for His holy purposes—those who incline their hearts to Him.

The truth is in the mission field for those who have served here or are serving here we all know that where I am going is the most coveted spot. But what God revealed to me is I have been called to serve. To serve harder than I have ever served before. Give more than I have ever given before and that To God it does not matter if I am AP or junior comp what matters is I give him my whole heart my whole being my whole soul. I love my Saviour I could not do anything without him. 

I have some very busy days ahead I have to get the mission ready for the presiding 70 of our area here in our area Elder Gonzalez and Tomorrow I will be capacitating all the trainers of the mission how to make a difference in their child's life. And that is just a small sample of what lies ahead. 

The truth is all that I have been given is a huge blessing it has nothing to do with who I am or how I teach or that I have had lots of success. The Lord needs me here to learn to give to be taught. I feel like the most spoiled man alive I get to learn from president himself almost every day. God has been so good to me. i am nervous but I know He will lift me to where I need to be. I will need your prayers more than ever but dont worry the Lord has been preparing me. 

There is so much more I would love to say about my week.  Another spiritual experience was as I knelt in prayer with a missionary who was doubting his testimony and the spirit engulfed us and he remembered that he knew. I committed him to write it down. Satan always tries to make us forget. The holy Ghost helps us to remember. 

The only thing left to say is the Church is true I know it!! The saviour Lives and loves us all. Be strong and of good courage because He overcame the world for us. I love you all

Elder Stewart-Chester
ps. I will have another pday saturday my new pday is saturday and Rodrigo is doing really well miracles are raining from heaven for him and it looks like he will be able to have the operation  and everything thank you I love you all 

pps. If I dont reply to you all individually it is not because I do not want to there is just no time I love you and love your letters that fill me with stregth and peace I love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment