leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Monday, September 16, 2013

Well folks...

I am not gonna lie I miss you guys it might have something to do with the fact that every night for some reason I keep dreaming that I am arriving home or something crazy like that. But anyway I am doing wonderfully thank you for your prayers and love I have changed so much here and yet have much more to go and luckily I still have lots of time to help bless lives. 

This week was crazy when it came to the weather here this week. Right now it is raining ice rain.  It is a freezing storm just like over there. I found some rain boots in the house and am wearing those to keep dry. But at the start of this week it was so so hot and humid we were in short sleeve shirts dying of heat.  Then we woke up and since then it has been cold and wet. But not as bad as over there. 

This week we had a zone capacitation in our zone where we taught our zone all the things that president had taught us in Our leaders Council the week before. It went really well and there was a lot of excitement and joy in the new changes in the mission. We have helped bring about many of these changes here in the mission and truly our zone has tranformed from one of the zones that rarely has a baptism to a zone that has success!! It was all the Lord and His grand design.  And it has to do with us working hard with the priesthood keys that the bishop holds when it comes to the missionary work in our ward. We have seen miracles in wards that never saw baptisms but now have had 4 in the last couple of months. The truth is when it really comes down to it in every aspect of life the success of someone comes down to one thing, themselves and more specifically, their mentality. If a missionary says there is nothing in my area, he will find nothing. If a missionary changes his mentality and says there is someone here who needs our message, they will find that person. I am so grateful to be here learning so much that is changing my life forever.

Here with the rain we had a couple of problems with people attending church but we have huge expectations for the week to come. We are teaching some amazingly prepared people. Our stake president is helping a lot as well and helping us really put an emphsis on general conference and inviting less actives and family members and friends to see general conference not in our houses but in the chapel. We are excited. Our ward monthly goal for this month is 10 inactives and 10 investigators in General Conference. Our bishop is very behind this and already committed in front of the ward council that he had two people he would be taking to general conference. I love this ward I do not want to leave here. 

It amazes me how Fletcher has a drivers licience and how Tanner is reading the lighning thief.  I am excited to live some of these memories with you all some day soon. But the good news is I have become a lot more like who Heavenly Father wants me to be and I need to strive forward still to reach my potential. I love you all!  Know that you are all in my prayers.  and, know that I know that this church is true, that God lives and love us, that God always listens to our prayers but only answers when we are ready for the answer.  I know that Christ died for me and also lived for me. I love you all so much share your testimony with everyone so that they too can be uplifted. It is truly the best thing you could ever give anyone, your testimony.   And invite them to be able to return to theirHeavenly Father and utilize the atonement in their lives. I love you sooooooooo much!! 

Elder Stewart-Chester

ps. We cleaned a scary old building that was a mental hospital/old folks home and it was owned by the catholic church which was awesoem to do some service there. But there were parts that were pretty creepy like a video game almost. we went as a stake service project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment