leaving on a jet plane.....

leaving on a jet plane.....

Monday, December 10, 2012

"Its the most wonderful time of the year"

I’m sorry I cannot send more pictures today, next week I will. These are photos from Salto. I did not send any from here yet. The truth is I’m testing out the area to see if I can take it around with me. It looks pretty safe.  Now the only thing is one minute it's sunny the next it's pouring. The truth is I am not too far into the city, we are more on the outskirts.  Unlike the states where the inner city is the rough part here it is the outside where all the poor live. I love my area. We have like 20 lessons with a member every week because there are so many that are willing to help and lots of people to teach.

Something that me and my companion (my mom didn't correct this even though she should have-love, mom) have really begun to focus on is reactivating and we are seeing lots of fruits from our labor. This last Sunday a lot of very big recent convert family that went inactive came to church!! There is so much work to be done in reactivation here and we have set our goals high to bring many back to fill the church full once again. 

Me and my companion (mom needs to teach grammar to her sonJ)get a long really well. I tried something new this change and just worked hard to make him laugh and become his friend. I do not chew him out I just serve and do all that I can thinking about the savior. Our goal as a mission is to be one of the saviors’ friends, to serve out of love not out of duty. I love my savior. I think about his question so amazingly put by Elder Holland often "DO YOU LOVE ME?"   I think about it and then I serve all that I can. I think about it when I arrive at the house in the night, which is such a mess and there is so much to do and all I want to do is sleep and then I get to work and fight the tiredness. My foot has been causing me problems and yet I thought about serving him truly loving him and I kept going and washing and cleaning all by myself.  That day I felt his hand uplift my burdens. 

I did what Grandpa said and soaked my foot in apple vinegar boy did it hurt and then the second day I did it again and that next day my foot swelled up huge and that’s where I am at today. I soaked it in ice water last night and it helped and the swelling decreased but I just hope I did not do something wrong.

I went on diviones last week with an elder from El Salvador who was baptized at 19 he is  a powerful missionary and knows how to teach. Anyway we had a lesson with one of our investigatores Margarita who is 60 something and wants to be baptized but is quitting smoking. We had an amazing charla with her. She said that she was feeling as though God did not love her but after Elder Rivas spoke she knew He really did. Anyway she is getting baptized next week and we are exited! Lots of work is going on here. 

Scripture: 4nephi 1 15

 15 And it came to pass that there was no acontention in the land, because of the blove of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.

The Book of Mormon is amazing read it
I love you so much I don’t really feel like its Christmas time, it’s too hot:) and no family

Love you all 
Elder Stewart-Chester
 BON BON coma....
 Salto rainy!!

 SALTO!!  rain
 Making sausages......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (love mom)

 I actually got to baptise Florencia which was wonderful as always but you know me I forgot my towell at least it is insanely hot here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment